Friday 4 April 2014

Team Extreme and Online game play


I built that square plot of land surrounded by Jack-o-Lanterns.  The building in the South East of the plot was an organic structure that developed over time.

Each section was used for a different purpose, the southern sandblock, main entrance is a lobby area fronted with two doors, to the west is six ovens with a chest to hold spare coal. The northern section was a storage area with a trapdoor leading to an underground wheat farm in four small sections and the East section is a library and enchantment table area with a door to the rear of the plot leading towards, the fountain, a small enclosed area for breeding chickens and more farm land featuring carrots, potatoes, pumpkins and sugar cane.

The Western small structure was a lookout section, with a trapdoor leading down to the same underground farm.

I enjoy water slides so I built a small one which is to the west of the main building.

All of this was done several months ago and I have developed further building and landscaping skills as I've played Minecraft off-line.

I am currently applying to join a group of builders who has had a very established presence on the Team Extreme server, and hopefully this post will provide evidence of building skills and passion for Minecraft creativity.


The above build was done in creation mode - I love it. It features a secret passage system leading to a patio area to the rear and a cobblestone generator off to the side - not featured. What you may be able to make out is the water harvester farming system on a raised platform.  It's a simple lever operated piston system that holds water source blocks until the food is ready to be harvested and deposited in to hoppers leading to a double chest.  Raise the blocks again and re-plant the seeds.  I'm sure there are better methods and I have since learnt to keep the water at ground level with the planters one level below for six blocks, then another drop - this in theory will keep the water flowing down for ever - or until you get bored of replanting several hundred items.  I've done a 10x6x3 plots of land for wheat, carrots and potatoes and it's more than enough for a single player world.


This is an image of the lighting mechanics used currently in Minecraft.  It's not great I've used spacing of 20 blocks, which in hindsight is too much, although I haven't seen a great deal of mob spawning in the darker spaces, so I guess it works okay.  It seems torches and Jack-O-lanterns have the same strength.  I've used J-o-L's here as they offer a more visual presence on the landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment